Update: The giveaway is over. Thanks for participating. Happy to share stories, but there’s no more prizes to be had.
Atlassian are giving stuff away to readers of this blog! You could be the proud owner of an Bamboo Standard Edition license worth $2200 (unlimited local agents, one remote agent).We also have ten Bamboo t-shirts to give away as consolation prizes. To be in the running for a great CI tool, or stylish Bamboo t-shirt, here’s what you need to do:
Tell us a short story. In around 200 words, tell us a story about your best or worst build and/or deployment experience. This could be:
- That project you pulled from the brink;
- Your old-school colleague who would insist on compiling everything by hand from the command line;
- The home grown build system that was written in a polyglot of Perl and Visual Basic. That’s right, the one that would only run on a Pentium with the floating point bug.
200 words is a guideline. You can write more if you want to. If you have 180 words, don’t fret. Identities can be suppressed if you’re worried about embarrassing anybody. Don’t worry about being a pure CI story or a hard-core build story – if you’ve got something fun to share, please do.
Email your masterpiece to email@example.com or make it a comment on this article.
I’ll collect the entries and judge them with Atlassian. If there’s eleven entries, Atlassian will send out one Bamboo license and ten t-shirts to the lucky recipients. If there’s more entries than that, we’ll pick the best entries to win the Bamboo license and the tshirts.
Atlassian have generously sponsored this giveaway. I only asked them for the t-shirts, and they offered up the license themselves. They produce a wide range of development tools, including JIRA, Confluence, FishEye, Crucible and Clover and others; they’d be grateful if you take a look.
- Anybody on the planet with a story and a postal address can enter.
- We may publish any or all of the entries on The Build Doctor under its creative commons license.
- Atlassian may also use some or all of the entries.
- Deadline for submission is Friday June 26, 2009.
- Judging will be performed after that date; results will be announced on The Build Doctor and Atlassian websites.
- We won’t spam you.
- Atlassian will send out all the prizes.
- No employees of Atlassian or The Build Doctor are eligible to enter.
- Judges’ decisions are final.
- We might put some of the entries to a public vote, depending on competition volume.
- Already using Bamboo? Existing Bamboo customers can chose one of the following: a) a Bamboo license upgrade, b) a 12-month Bamboo maintenance extension, or c) a Clover Server Edition license.