I love Information Radiators. You can have all the Twitter plugins you like, but unless you have the updates on the wall, you’re missing something. Here’s a few examples:
- Green Screen: Martin Andrews just released this. It’s a Sinatra app, and looks like it works for Hudson – perhaps with some tweaking it’ll work elsewhere.[Ruby]
- CruiseControl Monitor: Sudhindra Rao wrote this for any CruiseControl. I covered it here. [Ruby]
- Big Visible Cruise: This works for CruiseControl.NET, and runs on Windows. I haven’t had the pleasure.[.NET]
- Hudson has a plugin to do it, of course.[Java]
- Radiators: Marco Jansen wrote this in 2005. It’s the earliest example that I’ve seen. I daresay it needs some love by now.[Java]
- Update: Sam Newman has been flexing his Scala muscles and wrote Big Visible Wall recently. Don’t tell him this, but his code’s generally worth checking out.
- Update: Atlassian also have wallboards. I’m in the middle of re-skinning XFD. David Ron made Big Visible Cruise Web.
- Update: Stuart Grimshaw wrote cc-radiator for CruiseControl.
- Update: Steve Fenton wrote Cruiser for CruiseControl.net
I find that I always want to provide other project metrics as well. There’ll be a point at which I’ll start hacking to add more information. This is how I ended up with the radiator at Guardian Unlimited.
Know of others? What works with your CI server? Comment here and I’ll update this post.
Image thanks to ninnet.